As a gift to you, we've partnered with FreeWill to give you a straightforward andeasy way to plan for the future. Even if you'll live to be 150, you still need a will today! And if you have a will, it's important to update it at least every 5 years.
Many Methodists like to include gifts to their church, the Foundation, and/or other charities they love in their wills. To make it easy for you to do this, you can include a gift via FreeWill as an endowment managed by the Foundation, or outright. This is a powerful way to build the kingdom of future generations.
This tool is free to you whether you choose to include a gift through the Foundation or not, and can be used to create a fully valid legal will or guide you through planning your will before finding a lawyer near you.
Making a will is one of the most impactful ways to extend your love and generosity to the causes and people you care about most. Legacy giving isn't only for the wealthy — gifts of any size are deeply appreciated, and have come in sizes ranging from $100 to $1 million. Together, we can continue making an impact for years to come.
When you go to FreeWill.com/NAUMF, here's what to expect:
1. You'll be asked for basic information about yourself, as well as your wishes for your assets, children, and pets.
2. If you'd like, you'll have the option to include a gift to your church, the Foundation, and/or any other charity you love.
3. As this is a gift to you, you won't be charged anything.
4. You can save your progress at any time and return to finish your will, as well as make changes in the future.
5. At the end of the process, you'll get information on how to make your will legal (in most states), it's as simple as having two witnesses sign it!).
"Fostering the future through Stewardship, Investment, and Scholarship."